I’m new here, what’s Write 31 Days?
Write 31 Days is an online writing challenge started by home blogger, Myquillyn Smith (The Nester), and now hosted by Crystal Stine, where bloggers pick one topic and write a post on that topic every day in October. We all link up just once on day one (linky opens on October 1st) so that we can see all the topics and read the ones that most interest us. The linky will stay open through October 5th for late comers but will be closed after that.
As a writer, 31 Days challenges you to go deeper into one topic.
As a reader, 31 Days will most likely have a few topics that you are curious about, it’s a great time to get to know some new bloggers.
To read the new 31 Days Topics starting in October simply click on one of the categories in the “Linking Up” dropdown menu above and you’ll be taken to a plethora of wonderful ideas. Enjoy!
2017 Write 31 Days Categories
- Family Life
- Fashion & Beauty
- Food, Health & Wellness
- House & Home
- Hobbies & Goals
- Inspiration & Faith
- Instagram Series (for micro-bloggers)
- Simplicity & Organizing
- Too Awesome to Categorize
- Writing, Blogging & Tech Stuff
Also new for 2017 will be a PDF of daily writing prompts to help you through those writers-block moments. Be sure to subscribe to make sure you receive that list when the challenge begins.
To join in writing for 31 Days (#write31Days) simply sign up here or on the sidebar. Then link up your introduction post one time between October 1 and October 5th to share your topic with everyone. Then it’s up to you to write a post every day in October. Sign Up Here to make sure you don’t miss any challenge announcements!
How To Get Started
- Sign up to join the email list!
- Choose your topic – anything at all you love & can write about for 31 days
- Create a small image that you’ll upload to the linky tool on October 1st (check out “The Links” page for more info)
- Join the Facebook group for encouragement & support (please answer the 2 “get to know you” questions so we can make sure you aren’t spam).
- Start writing!
- Be sure to visit the Resources page for everything you might need to start a blog, plan your series, or create your button!
- Grab a #write31days challenge shirt!
- Head to the “tips” page to grab some social media share squares!